Day 1. Ulaanbaatar – Gun Galuut Nature Reserve
Located about 130 km from Ulaanbaatar, Gun Galuut Nature Reserve offers great opportunities to observe rare wildlife. Lying at the shores of Ikh Gun Lake, home to many species of waterfowl, and next to Baits Mountain, natural habitat to the nearly extinct Mountain Sheep, there are great chances to observe some of Mongolia’s most impressive wildlife. The Kherlen River is situated only minutes away from the camp, and you can participate in optional easy kayaking. Overnight in ger camp.
Day 2. Gun Galuut Nature Reserve – 13th century complex
Today we will enjoy a full day dedicated to the great era of the Mongol empire.13th century complex is dedicated to recreation of the customs and daily life of the Mongolians during the times of the great empire. We will walk between the different villages of king’s palace, craftsmen camp, guards post and shaman community to see the history recreated in front of our eyes. Overnight in a ger camp.
Day 3. 13th century complex – Terelj National Park
After breakfast, we leave the park and drive to the newly constructed Chinggis Khan Monument. Rising 40 meters in height over the surrounding steppes, this mighty structure plays a major symbol to the renewing Mongolian nation, after more than 300 years of foreign sovereignty over its people and territory. We then head for Terelj National Park. The park features unique rock formations, scenic valleys, a winding river, and restful groves of trees. Many nomads live in the park itself, where they find good grazing for their animals. We will visit a nomadic family and take the opportunity to learn about their unique way of life. Overnight in a ger camp.
Day 4. Terelj National Park – Ulaanbaatar
This morning we take an easy hike to the famous Turtle Rock, a symbol of wisdom and longevity to the Mongolian people. We then continue hiking to Ariabal Temple. The temple has been recently reconstructed, after the original temple had been destroyed during the communist purges of the 1930’s. A great site of tranquility, it functions today as a meditation center to Buddhist monks. After early lunch, we leave the park and drive to Ulaanbaatar.
Dates & Pricing
All prices in US dollars and per person based on twin share occupancy
4 travelers – 10% discount
6 or more travelers – 25% discount
- Applicable only for travel groups of 4 people or more booking their trip together.
- The discounted price is the price for 2 people (below) less the discount.
- Mongolian Ways Ltd. reserves the right to change tour prices and programs due to changes in flight schedule, changes in airfares, and other local circumstances.
- $730 Per Person (From 2 people)
- $81 Single Room Supplement
- Accommodations as per program
- All meals as per program (full board basis)
- Private 4WD vehicle
- Drinking water
- Local English speaking guide
- All entrance fees as per program
- All transfers
- Travel expenses to/from Mongolia
- Travel Insurance
- Mongolian visa
- Excess Luggage
- Expenses of personal nature (food and drinks beyond those provided, laundry, etc.)
- Anything not clearly mentioned in the program
- 3 nights in ger camp
More trips of this type
10 Days In Central and Southern Mongolia
Central and Southern Mongolia
- Home Stay
- Spiritual Adventures